Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Gift That Just Keeps Giving

Charlie came home in tears last night.
Tears of JOY and tears of overwhelmed BLESSING!!!
Last year we had some precious friends that called and said they would like to give us some hay and we could just trade off the the bill with a few little things they needed done, building wise....and then when they were ready to build a house we could finish the trade......I can't tell you what a total blessing this was. We were just praising God...we had enough and EXTRA hay to feed all year..and we still have some left..and prior to their call, we were trying to figure out what to do....because we did not have enough hay or money to feed through the winter. So were thrilled and blessed to say the very least. Charlie did a few little things they needed done, but this was a BUNCH of hay, so it was going to take building a house to make the trade even. We were just so thankful for their generosity and thoughtfulness. They contacted US they asked US ....knowing, it may be awhile before they build. So it was a blessing and a gift straight from the Lord through some people that listen to Him and give selflessly and generously.
So then yesterday..................the same precious friend called Charlie and said that him and his precious wife have always been interested in adoption and they would like to support us in ours and then we can pave the way a bit so that when they are ready we can be their support. Then he said he wanted to call it even on the hay ....and that is how they want to contribute!!!!! I can not express how this just blessed our very hearts and made us crazy with LOVE and praises to the Lord!
People; I have been asked SOOOOOO many times.....just yesterday......as a matter of fact.....how are you going to pay for an adoption?? My answer is..........we aren't, GOD IS! And He is, He is.
It blows my mind to watch and be a part of miracle after miracle of how God will just move mountains for the orphan. He will take care of all His children, and we are also living proof of that, but HE MOVES MIGHTILY ON BEHALF OF THE ORPHAN. It humbles me beyond words to get to be a part of something that is just the mighty work of God.
I want to be a part of this kind of LOVE, I want to BE the precious friend that calls someone out of the blue and GIVES SELFLESSLY just because the LORD laid it on MY HEART! These folks have hearts and ears for the LORD. I am blessed by them, and I am overwelmed by God's love and His blesssings. He is so faithful.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

What a BLESSING!

When we adopted, we too had NO IDEA how the Lord was going to pay for it. Until ... we got an anonymous donation for$15,000. Then ... Jim kept getting extra painting jobs to pay for the rest.

Yes. God WILL provide when we step out in FAITH.

Laurel

marlece said...

wow! I think I start my comment on your blog every time with that first word!! God is on the MOVE in this family....ON THE MOVE!!! Every step you turn....BOOM! There He is again. And those things that we don't see, I know that I know He is working up something HUGE in the heavenlies right now on your behalf....I am so glad that I get to be apart and see this all go down. You truely are living 'Four Him' (oh did I spell that wrong?)To Him we give all the GLORY!

Kathy said...

Tears in my eyes as I read this! Yes, God loves the orphan, and He loves those who love them! He is so good! He loves to surprise us and bless us and show us how He loves us! I know He's smiling because His people listened, and blessed you! Am sure curious about who you know that might want to adopt. When they meet Esther, they'll be smitten!