Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

On The Move - Part 2





I have lived in Central Oregon my whole life, minus 1 year in California my Jr. year of high school.  I have lived the last 37 years within a 4 mile radius.  I have driven, rode, and ran these back roads of this community for thousands and thousands of miles. 

  It is a huge change to move from the community we have always called home.  Even though I have never lived anywhere else, God has expanded our territory so much that we call several places “home.”

 Our hearts and family are spread out all over the world.

8 years ago, the first time we ever went to Uganda, we fell in love with the people; our definition of home and family changed forever.  We have felt completely at home there and constantly feel drawn to go back.  We have so many loved ones there, that when we visit, we are HOME!



 Then, when Lashae and Chaney moved to Montana and added grand babies to the equation, each time I visited it became more and more home to me.  Then, Charsie and Jesse moved to Montana and now Kole and Rachel live there.  Even before we felt the nudge to move there, Montana became home in a sense.  We quit looking at all the circumstances (mostly the weather) and started looking at the people.  With each of our grown kids that have moved over there and each grand baby, Montana began to feel more like home than the home we have always known.  When I’m there I feel at home, and when I’m not there I want to be there because I miss everyone so much.

I believe this “move” is only part of the journey for us. I don’t think it is possible to be completely settled in only one place anymore and yet I’m settled wherever I am for that part of the journey.  Our hearts and family are spread out to different places, our definition of “home” has changed.

Isaiah 43:19 New Living Translation (NLT)

19 
For I am about to do something new.

    See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
    I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Amen. Home is heaven. Until then, who cares where we live! God's people are everywhere.