Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Uganda: Guest Post From Our Ugandan Son, Andule Simon

The following is a post from Simon. Simon is our Ugandan son. I seriously have such a heart connection with this kid. I hesitated to share his beautiful post, only because he is so kind and gracious and says so many kind things about our family, posting it here felt like I was bragging in a way, so take it however you want, but the only bragging going on here from me and from Simon is that we are bragging on our God. We are bragging on the fact that He can change your life, God can make something beautiful out of broken people. God can bring us together as family, and He can heal hearts and He can use anything and everything we offer to Him.




Here's the God's honest truth: Before Charlie and Lashae went to Uganda the first time, we were totally against foreign missions. We had this idiot idea that we had to be good enough (according to who...I don't know, but we knew we weren't), and everyone in the USA had to be saved and thriving and we had to have all kinds of money saved up before we had any business going anywhere or doing anything for Jesus.

We were against it, and God invited us in anyway. We only agreed to it because Lashae was determined and we could see that. I had a very clear, come to Jesus moment where I was reminded that God gave us our daughter and we had to trust Him with her.

We were clueless as to what we were doing, Charlie would just say he was going with eyes wide open, he had no expectation and no idea why he was going, other than to keep an eye on Lashae. What Charlie didn't realize was God was using that trip to open his eyes and open his heart in a whole new way. God is so good at being God and sometimes I think it's the clueless people that just say yes, out of a willing heart, even if it's for all the wrong reasons, that God likes to use, because people watching the process can conclude, if God can use THEM (us) then He can use anyone. Well I am here to tell you, He can use ANYONE!!

From Simon:

THERE IS ALWAYS MORE WITH GOD


For the past seven years of my life, I have seen the power and blessings of ministry. I have learnt so much from those who do ministry and ministry has indeed changed my life
My first experience with the blessings of ministry was in 2010.. This was the time i met a missionary, a servant of God, a dad , CHARLIE BREWER and this has brought all the DIFFERENCE IN OUR FAMILY. We now move with a new name of LIVING TESTIMONY due to the glory of God. The BREWER FAMILY is our God-GIVEN FAMILY and with all they are have done to change our lives, the list is endless, we are only together joyful .

Then our mouth was filled with laughter and our tongue with songs of joy, then they said among the nations, the lord has done great things for us.
The lord has done great things for us and are filled with joy .
(Psalms 126:2-3)

In the next lines, I want to share about the lessons I have learnt so far about ministry.

1. PURPOSE;
When God calls you for ministry, there is always a purpose for this call. I have learnt that ministry is always for his glory and he chooses anyone , there is a purpose for this. You meet many people along the way, with different backgrounds and stories. You may hate or love some, the reverse is true, some maybe a blessing to you or you will be a blessing to those you meet . It only depends on God's PURPOSE of you meeting those people. It depends on who and why God has brought those people for you to meet. When I met dad CHARLIE BREWER in the most trying moments of our lives , no one could tell why we met , only God knew for what PURPOSE he chose this to happen the way it did . And like I said earlier , the purpose is ALL THAT MADE THE DIFFERENCE IN OUR LIVES .
Have you been called by God to do his Work?
Have you moved past your fears and got to work?

2. GOD PROTECTS
When God chooses anyone for ministry, he guarantees protection. When he choose Moses in the bible, he promised to Go with him . "My presence shall go with you and I shall give you rest " . He's a working and moving God. What he promises, he fullfills.
If we pray and commit ourselves to doing his work, he protects us in whatever geographical area he sends us. I have learnt all this from seeing people doing ministry work. Are you afraid of going to places to do ministry? God's presence shall go with you . Start from where you are, use what you have, and do what you can for his glory.

3. GOD PROVIDES.
Let him have all your worries and cares, for he is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you. ( I Peter 5:7)
Your father knows that you need these things .
As God sends out his servants for ministry, he provides them with all that Is required to do his Work. Take an example of an Army of a country . When a government sends them for security purposes, the army is provided with everything, that is needed and if all these things get used up, they are sent more. This is how the kingdom of God works when it's ministry. He provides whenever there is need. His mercy moves with us daily .

I have come this far due to the love and care of ministers of God, am still carrying on due to ministry. The BREWER family met us and changed our lives . When stopped from knowing about Jesus to living in him. A time comes when the things of God that you once hated, now you love, and the things of the world that you once loved, now you hate . It's always change and I thank God for changing our lives for his glory . With all that i have learnt and that am learning ahead of me, I ask God to lead me and make the best use of me for his glory . I don't care HOW LONG I LIVE, all I care about is HOW I LIVE . I only want to live in serving him, I want it and I will HAVE it .
HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF HOW YOUR LIVING?
As for me and my family , we shall Serve the lord .
NOTHING IN THIS WORLD COMES REMOTELY CLOSE TO THE JOY OF KNOWING THE LORD .
IT NOW DEPENDS ON ME AND I DEPEND ON GOD.

#amalivingtestimony .




  In this picture, is Simon and Patrick and their mother, who I love and admire. She raised these amazing boys and she is so kind to share them with our family. You have never in all your days seen boys more proud of their mom, than Simon and Patrick.


Matthew 14: 28-33
28 And Peter answered him, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.” 29 He said, “Come.” So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind,he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.”31 Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” 32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. 33 And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Something hit me today....maybe Jesus called us out of the boat (our comfort zone) because once people saw that we could be used in all our mess and little faith, and wrong ideas, it will bring people to worship Jesus and say to Him,

 "Truly you are the Son of God."

No comments: