Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Cheeto Prints on My Wine Glass

Here is a picture of my night life:


Many facebook friends take pictures of their beautiful plates of food or their romantic settings with wine.  

This is a picture I snapped for a few of my closest friends last night. 
 Not staged, or filtered. 
I mean, who would stage such a scene?
 This is us, this is real.  This picture that just tells the truth. 

 We can all debate the harm of cheetos and the trap of wine or we can just look at it for what it is.  Cheetos made my littles happy and encouraged at least one bite of broccoli last night.  
The wine makes me feel grown up and sophisticated at the kids table among the cheeto eaters, which I have sat amongst for the last 25 years.

  We don't make a habit of cheetos or wine.
We don't eat the whole bag or drink the whole bottle.
And we only enjoy them together for REALLY special occasions.

Last night, the special occasion was that I had lived thru Wal-Mart shopping another day.
I made it to multiple kids' pick ups and drop offs and an appointment on time without having to take even one kid into a public restroom.
There was no kid games or track meets to suffer cheer at.

So....for this season, this night is very rare and special.

Let me take you on a tour of my table;  I have wine in a wine glass, but it's a pretty sturdy set up.  I have cheetos that I can grab at random as they are scattered all over the table.  I am at a tiny plastic table with tiny plastic chairs in front of a tiny wall heater. 
I am warm relaxed and satisfied. 
 I am in the company of tiny people that think I am the bomb because I made brownies on this day 
AND
 let them eat cheetos as a side dish
 FOR DINNER.

My littles ate with joy and then ran off to get the last few minutes of  screaming play in for the day, and I was left by myself  at the table listening to worship music inside, and pigs squealing outside.  The big kids and hubby were outside rounding up the 4H pigs and fixing their pen that they keep escaping out of. 
*clarification...the pigs keep escaping from their pen, NOT the teens*

When the teens and hubby came in for the night, I graduated to the big people table.  We  enjoyed conversation that did not include cheeto bribes, and we included meat served on ceramic plates.

For that moment,
it's me and my wine glass with cheeto prints all over it.


Only God himself could give me such a blessed and
 messy
 full
 life.

1 Corinthians 9:19, 22-23

19 Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to Christ. 22 When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. 
Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. 23 I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.
*emphasis mine*

No comments: