Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

My Wife Is Home For A Visit.

Husbands!  I GET IT!!!  Wives STOP IT!!! 
 Stop being mad at your men!!!
I flew my wife in last night and I FINALLY understand how a man feels when he gets home from work.  It's like I couldn't remember how dinner happened.  I couldn't for the life of me remember how the kids get to bed every night.  I honestly forgot that I had kids.  I just sat relaxed and at peace knowing that all the people that happen to be stirring around in the house were happy and fed and clean and clothed.  All was right in the world.  

Wives, what you don't understand is, that it's not that your husband is trying to sit in the chair and fall asleep, it's just that he is at such peace and feels such love that he can't keep his eyes open.

I wanted to just have things in order and have my wife come home to a real oasis, but it just couldn't happen. 
 It was all I could do to get to the airport in one piece.

I brought my wife home and felt such joy in my heart and peace that I immediately headed for the chair and watched the beauty of family and dinner just fall into place, it was AMAZING.
  I sat there, and then when I got out of the chair, I got ready for bed, just me, just got myself in my pajamas and brushed ONLY my own teeth, and said goodnight to everyone and slept like a baby, straight through the whole night,
  I slept so sound and so peacefully.
  It was something I haven't experienced since my wife left.
  I got up this morning, rested and refreshed, and didn't give one instruction to ANYONE...just got in my running clothes and ran out the door.  It was as if I didn't have a care in the whole wide world.

Tomorrow morning I will get in the car in the EARLY EARLY hours with my coffee in hand and I will be amazed that once AGAIN the bags and kids have managed to load themselves in the car.
My bag will even have managed to get packed and in the car.  I will just show up in all my glory and it will be alllllllllllllllllll taken care of.
I will be thankful! 

I will look over at Charsie my wife and think to myself, 
"WOW!!!!  She is a WRECK....I am so glad I have seen to it that I give her this amazing BREAK...she needs it so much more than I thought."

I will watch her drop silent tears of exhaustion and think that she is just so thankful for this vacation that I have agreed to and provided for.


Wives!!!!  Our men LOVE us, they just love us so much and they are so confident at what "gets done" that they don't stress or worry.
Wives!!!!  WE are appreciated, we are LOVED. 


This picture is the moment when my wife was passing the baton to my "wife-in-training".
 Wife-in-training has been doing an amazing job, but we have only been together for 5 years TOTAL, my old wife had 18 years of growing in her wifely ways.  
It takes a long time to train a wife and when you just get thrown in and only have 5 years of training, it's rough.  New marriage is always hard and then you add LOTS AND LOTS of kids right off the bat  and it's really hard.

Honestly, this picture is, is my wife telling my new wife,
 "MOM NEEDS A LOT OF HELP!!!! 
 She can't do this on her own....SHE NEEDS US!!!! 
THE KIDS NEED US, DAD NEEDS US!!! 
You can DO THIS!!!"  


This is a picture that says it all.....this is my husband and wife-in-training, and one of the kids.  
They are TERRIFIED!!!!! 
 They are absolutely TERRIFIED!!!!

They knew this could turn out really really bad!!!! 
They know how I am without my wife.  
WE ALL KNOW I NEED HER!

So when my wife flew in last night for a visit, there was rejoicing because she has come home for a visit, but there was also rejoicing that we have made it! 
 We have made it without my wife and we have survived!!!!
We are going to be OK!!!!! 

No comments: