Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

God is Super Kind!

Last week was quite challenging for this mama. 
 People were flying out of here like a covey of quail.  Anyone who knows me, knows I like it best when all the chicks are tucked in my nest.  So as I sent people off to their various adventures, Mik,  Esther, me and the 3 littles stayed home and held the fort down. 

 There have once again been some major changes and adjustments, which I know is part of growing a family, and part of life, but when you are raising kids with trauma in their past, any big changes, or small changes, good or bad, are a big trigger to fall into old habits and insecurities.  

So let's just say I'm super glad last week is over.  We were all feeling the results of change and triggers and insecurity.

In all the changes and travels I can't get over how amazingly kind the Lord Jesus is to me and all my kids. 


 All along the way, to their new stomping grounds, Charsie and Jesse had "divine appointments" that made them remember that God was with them the whole way.
 One of the "divine appointments" was a quick stop in Spokane to check out a stroller that Lashae has been trying to find, so she can cart all her sweet babies around at once, and have them strapped down, and outside in the fresh Montana air.



  Lashae found "THE" stroller on craigslist, so Charsie and Jesse agreed to check it out on their way thru.  They met up with the stroller owner and as Charsie jumped out of the pickup she could tell she instantly liked the lady, (it may have had something to do with the fact that she had a "little one" on her hip) and within minutes they discovered they were both Jesus lover's  and both a part of adoptive families. 
They had a great little visit that ended up being a blessing to all!

 Lashae got THE awesome stroller for a great price.
 Charise got encouraged and to meet a new friend.
Jesse got to prove he can drive his big 'ole pickup and trailer downtown Spokane.  :)
And Charlie and I got a date night from a friend we have yet to meet.

  Charsie shared a bit of our family story with the stroller-lady and as they were parting ways, the lady hands Charsie money to give to Charlie and I to go out on a date!

  Being a mom and more specifically an adoptive mom herself, she just knew how crazy it can get and she knew a date would be heavenly.
 It's like when you see service men greet each other...they just know...no words really necessary, just a different kind of knowledge and respect exchanged.
   People that know the amazing blessings and the challenges of adoption have a depth to share that is only shared by experience.

Then, 3 of my guys headed to California to be support and celebrate our friends son's graduation. These friends were met through Redeemer House and will be a forever family on this earth and in heaven, so we may as well, just start celebrating each other's kids here on earth.
  Of course our guys went to be a blessing, and had their own heads blessed off. 

 They then traveled further south to go get refreshed and take a breath of fresh air (even in the smog).



 This race we call life, can get pretty exhausting and sometimes you just have to sprint harder and further to spend a weekend at a rest stop.  
My sis and her hubby and family and church community just loved, encouraged, played games,  counseled, fed and watered my hubby and Kole from their soul to their body in a short 30 hour stay.

Hebrews 12:1-3The Message (MSG)

12 1-3 Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we’d better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he’s there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!





Kole then hooked up with a high school buddy, Brady, and they went on to Texas, and got to spend some time with Claiborne. 
 It is amazing how kind God is, and how He will orchestrate the details and relationships and appointments in our lives.
  I am amazed and thankful and blessed as I see the absolute kindness of God play out in the simplest yet profound ways.



  Sometimes we get to be "sent" on a refresher...and sometimes we get to "send". 
 I got to SEND my people, and I received as much joy in return. 

And Luke, of course, soaked in every minute of just hanging with his cousins and being co-pilot (when he was awake) on the drive.
  Luke is easy to be around in all situations, and it was a weekend that needed some ease.

These guys are only 5 weeks apart.  I pray they are always close in life as in age.










1 comment:

Shauna said...

I've never read that verse in the MSG <3 <3 <3 <3. I was certainly on the receiving end and I have to tell you that I was blessed blessed blessed. Sharing my family with my spiritual family is a high like no other for me! Thank you for send them!!