Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Thank You Simon For Sharing!

I talked Andule Simon, our Ugandan son into writing a blog post to give us his perspective of these mission trips.  Oh this kid blesses me and everyone he meets.  Enjoy reading his thoughts!!!  Thank you so much Simon for stepping out of your comfort zone and writing this post and letting me share it.  You are amazing!







        When ever it comes to the end of the year, i strongly expect my beautiful American family, I mean the Brewer family.  This time round I was so excited to see dad (Charlie Brewer for the 7th time in Uganda). Oh! and I was much excited to see my young brother Kole.  It was hard for me to recognize him because I last saw him in 2011 when he was a little boy, but this time....oh my Gosh he was so big. When dad or mom come to Uganda, they introduce me to different people that they have come along with and this time round I was introduced to this young man called Ben,  this guy is so nice and cool, I miss him already. It was my first time to meet him but it was like we had met before, he was so free with me, he told me many things and we shared a lot with him. he truly  loved me so much, and, "BEN just know it was a blessing meeting you bro." we had to travel to JINJA  at Redeemer House, yes Jinja was my favorite. We had to hook up with the big X HOPE team and it was lots of fun, I got to meet uncle RICK and miss Wendi plus all the big crew,  we had to join hands together and we did an amazing job in Jinja.  Our first days we had to do the painting of the new future Redeemer House, again we had to visit one of the slums in Jinja at a place called MASESE. Oh my GOD, here we did a wonderful job, Dad and Miss Wendi had to preach to the adults and the rest of the team had to teach the kids.  There was around 400 kids at MASESE. I did the interpretation from English to our local language called LUGANDA to the kids, after the teaching we served out soccer jersies to 400 kids and we left a smile to everyones face. Then, we went ahead and did VBS at Redeemer House with the kids, just know it was a wonderful moment. and here comes my favorite part, we went and drove the four wheelers, oh my God it was fun.  It was my first time to drive them just know i had fun. And here comes my worst moment, I mean my worst yes my worst, saying good BYE to people that I was used to, the people that i was eating, sleeping, working, praying and having fun with, I cried, but tears couldn't solve anything, yes I had to say good bye, and I miss you all. We left Jinja and right now me, Dad and Kole are staying at CSI where we are treated like Angels, I love this place. hummmmm, there is much to say but those are the few things I had to share with you. LOVE YOU MUCH AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL. 


No comments: