Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Greatest Mom Verse

 It feels like Mother's Day has lasted a couple of weeks.  It has been all the work and the fun and blessing of being a mom times 10!  
Lashae and I have alternated having sick ones this week, so it has been full on MOTHERHOOD for the mothers in the house.




  Claiborne flew in the other day and completed the pile.  I have missed this kid like crazy.  He has had a very stressful year at school and I just needed to lay my eyes on him and hear him say "Mooom" in his way, that only he can do.

As I was feeling thankful that the house is full and so is my heart, I was reading this morning and a verse just jumped out at me like I've never seen it before.

BOOM!  My new life verse:

3 John 1:4English Standard Version (ESV)

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

This just says it all!!! 


I have been blessed with a house full and a heart full of kids.  
On Mother's Day, I was not only blessed with the kids that God gave us to raise, but there were several kids that wished me a happy Mother's Day and called me Mom, American mom, or second mom, or Oregon mom and it is my biggest honor.


These little grands have been with us for a couple of weeks and this picture says it all!  We have been having fun at about 100 miles an hour!  We are definitely fitting in a lot of life in the time we have together. 



Sometimes we just rock ourselves right to sleep.  



Cellie Joy @ 2 months. 
 This little Joy is definitely living up to her name.
She is pure JOY!


3 John 1:4English Standard Version (ESV)

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

I just can't get over this verse.  
Isn't this the best verse for us Moms?
Happy belated Mother's Day to all you Moms out there.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Yes. Best verse as we see our babies turn into full blown kingdom builders! What an honor!

That pic of Shawnie and Maubs is perfect!!!

Shawn Waite said...

Yes!! What a blessing it is when we know our children love the Lord and demonstrate it daily to others as they walk in His love and His truth!!

Nici said...

Jenay, I have to agree here!

When I can see my children walking in the Faith, working to build a closer relationship with our Father and Eashoa, our Savior, it just fills my heart to the brim!

On the flip side, I can also say, that when they are not, it pains me to no end, but I have to turn it over, and just pray on...

I'm so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful Mother's Day, and I wish you and your family all the best!