Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

2013 Highlights


At the beginning of this year...I felt like the Lord gave me the words
 "bear fruit".
 There is so much in His Word about bearing fruit. 
 The verses that I just kept coming back to though was this one:

Jeremiah 17:7-8

English Standard Version (ESV)
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,

    whose trust is the Lord.

He is like a tree planted by water,
    that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
    for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought,
    for it does not cease to bear fruit.”


At the end of 2013, I can say with a little more confidence...that I understand this verse a bit better.  In some ways it has been a year with some real hot areas...and even some droughts for us, but in the midst of it all, the Lord has allowed "fruit" and we have a better understanding of
 WHO
 our trust is.


 I am so thankful.


These are my treasures.  I am so incredibly BLESSED!!!


Some of the 2013 highlights:

*Chaney, Lashae, and Maubry moved to Montana*
*Claiborne - our college treasure joined our family forever*
*Mikiyas - Our newest treasure came into our family forever.*
*Charlie turned 50*
*We had an incredible Redeemer House Reunion*
*Charsie got her driver's license*
*We learned we are expecting another grand baby in 2014*
*Reece started school*
*I went to Uganda*
*Charlie is going to Uganda after Christmas*

There is so much more....but these are the milestones for the year.



1 comment:

marlece said...

I'd say the year has been a full one for the Brewer clan, what do you think 2014 will bring? Love you, love it all.