Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Stirring in the Heart


Luke 2:19

English Standard Version (ESV)
 19 But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart. 

  I just wonder why it is that often times, God  places a stirring in a woman's heart or an idea in her head before her man gets the same vision or desire.
It fascinates me because it is so often the woman that has the stirring FIRST, before her man, and yet it is the man that is the leader.
I know one thing for sure....as women, and I'm the worst one on the list..we don't handle this
 chain of events
 well.   

Women are usually jumping too far ahead and it feels like our leader is dragging his feet....I don't think jumping or dragging are the actions God intends for us to take.

I believe kneeling is the the position, and praying is the action that He intends for us to take.  Giving it to Him, asking Him, talking to Him about ALL that is in our heart and our mind.  

This is the typical chain of events in my life:
I have a stirring in my heart. 
I bring it up to my man.
He listens and goes on about his life exactly the same.
 (from all appearances)
I get frustrated and discouraged.
I give up (with an attitude).
And then I truly give it to God with an open heart to do whatever He intends to do.
Bam!!!!  One day it all changes...my man is ready and we are moving forward like a steam roller.  No fuss no mess no flip flopping...just DONE.  Moving ahead and no looking back. 
 I'm all in a knot wondering what the heck just happened.

I am striving for this chain of events:
(in a perfect world)
God stirs something in me.
I pray about it.  I really pray about it.
I tell my man what is on my heart.
I leave him alone about it.
I pray and I ponder the things in my heart.
Bam!!!  One day in God's perfect timing my man and I are ready to move forward in the direction God is leading us.  No fuss no mess just praise to God for showing us the way.

Disclaimer:
**Our women's Bible study is doing
  "Experiencing God". **
 It is OHHHHH so GOOD.
  We are learning and growing, but there are growing pains for many of us.
  We feel ready to take giant leaps of faith and we are sure our leaders are dragging their feet. 

We know this is not the Truth,
 and this is not how God works, but this is how it can feel at times.
I have heard it enough times I thought I would throw myself under the bus and shed some "light" on the issue and maybe we can all skip some of the
frustration and discouragement
 and just get to the business of doing it God's way, and 
PRAY PRAY PRAY,
 and when God does a work in us and in our men, we can praise Him and thank Him, instead of being in a knot and wondering "what the heck just happened".

Luke 2:20

English Standard Version (ESV)
20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them.

8 comments:

The McKinnon Crew said...

*tears* amen.

Shauna said...

I think God often tells women first because we are more sensitive. I know for me, I need to wrestle with it a bit longer usually ??? idk.

Excited to hear more from you on this tho. :)

marlece said...

Yes, you do hear from the Lord, and I love that when you give into it the team effort between you and your man it is like BAM and something amazing flows...love the team you make. It is pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I sure do muss ladies bible study! Hugs, Lyne

Lorri said...

What timely words! I'll be sharing this one with several friends who have all experienced this, too.

Farm School Marm said...

YES!

Unknown said...

Wow! Insightful post!

Experiencing God, huh! Be prepared! I will love hearing what God does through this!

Unknown said...

Wow! Insightful post!

Experiencing God, huh! Be prepared! I will love hearing what God does through this!