Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Freedom and Talents

3 days before we left God blew us out of the water with a huge financial blessing that was totally humbling and amazing.

We have sought the Lord and told our church that we would be the eyes and ears for them and use it where He shows us. 

We have had many divine appointments and many God stories that would not even be possible if we had spent years and years planning the details and coordinating with many people.  

We came  because we felt the Lord wanted us to, and we had no real plan.  We had ideas of what we wanted to do, but no plan or even a schedule.

Everyday and every night we have sought the Lord and asked Him to show us where and what He would have us to do with the money that He has entrusted to us.

Here is my confession:
  I have almost viewed it as a burden because I'm fearful of making a mistake and not giving it where He would have us give.

My mind and heart got caught up in trying to be wise and responsible
 "PRIDE"
 to do the right thing.  

I forgot of the freedom we have when we are God's children. 

Galatians 5:1

The Message (MSG)

The Life of Freedom

Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.



So this morning I could not sleep, *imagine that for those of you who know me*.

I was praying and thinking about all that we have seen so far and trying to stratigize and plan for the money He has entrusted to us.

The Lord very clearly brought to my mind the parable of the talents:


Matthew 25:14-30

The Message (MSG)

The Story About Investment

14-18 “It’s also like a man going off on an extended trip. He called his servants together and delegated responsibilities. To one he gave five thousand dollars, to another two thousand, to a third one thousand, depending on their abilities. Then he left. Right off, the first servant went to work and doubled his master’s investment. The second did the same. But the man with the single thousand dug a hole and carefully buried his master’s money.
19-21 “After a long absence, the master of those three servants came back and settled up with them. The one given five thousand dollars showed him how he had doubled his investment. His master commended him: ‘Good work! You did your job well. From now on be my partner.’
22-23 “The servant with the two thousand showed how he also had doubled his master’s investment. His master commended him: ‘Good work! You did your job well. From now on be my partner.’
24-25 “The servant given one thousand said, ‘Master, I know you have high standards and hate careless ways, that you demand the best and make no allowances for error. I was afraid I might disappoint you, so I found a good hiding place and secured your money. Here it is, safe and sound down to the last cent.’
26-27 “The master was furious. ‘That’s a terrible way to live! It’s criminal to live cautiously like that! If you knew I was after the best, why did you do less than the least? The least you could have done would have been to invest the sum with the bankers, where at least I would have gotten a little interest.
28-30 “‘Take the thousand and give it to the one who risked the most. And get rid of this “play-it-safe” who won’t go out on a limb. Throw him out into utter darkness.’




I have repented.

  We learned at church yesterday that repent means to change.  

To change mind, heart, and feet.

My mind is not burdened, my heart is now excited, and there's a skip in my step.

NOW...I know we won't mess this up.

God has entrusted to us this money and He just wants us to do with it whatever is in our hearts. 

There is no right or wrong answer. 
 Just do something with it.

  And now instead of feeling a burden, I feel joy in the Lord and it is like this:

It's His money and He will bless it and multiply it as he wills.  

We have so many thoughts and ideas and now it's just fun.

  We get to take our Father's money and splash some love and blessing wherever we want to.

Psalm 37:3-4

English Standard Version (ESV)
Trust in the Lord, and do good;

    dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.[a]
Delight yourself in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.

2 comments:

Lashae Bowen said...

Can't wait to see what it's for! Good verses too ;)

Shauna said...

YAY! Can't wait to see/hear! Love you all!