Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Answering the Call


Matthew 9:36-38

New International Version (NIV)
36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”


John 15:12-17

New International Version (NIV)
12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

Kathy Vaughan is a living example of what the Lord has called us to on this earth.  God has chosen her and she has answered the call in a beautiful way.  She is loving orphans, widows,neighbors, and friends all around her.  She is bearing much fruit.  
Fruit that will last for eternity.

  




4 comments:

Lashae Bowen said...

Amen!!! Kathy is a beautiful example of what it means to give it all up for God!! She is all-in. Holding nothing back and giving all the glory to Jesus name!

Jessie said...

YES. YES. Kathy is absolutely an inspiration to me. She is living her life obediently following Christ's call, and she is bearing MUCH fruit, and that fruit is SO GOOD. <3

Unknown said...

All glory to God! I love that He chose me to do this. It's awesome to have a front-row seat to see God at work every day! And then He sends me encouragers like the Brewers! I am so blessed, and He is so good!

Unknown said...

All glory to God! I love that He chose me to do this. I have a front-row seat in watching God at work every day. And then He sends amazing encouragers like the Brewers! He is so good, and I am so blessed!