Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, November 12, 2012

P.R.U.N.E.D.



John 15:2

English Standard Version (ESV)
Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes,that it may bear more fruit.



3 years ago yesterday on November 11, 2009 Charlie cut his hand with a chop saw.  It was on the same day that my sister and brother in law brought home Isaiah, my nephew from Uganda.





*if you are squeamish.....you may not want to scroll any further....I posted a icky picture of the physical pruning (hand injury).*




  This day was significant to our family in many ways because it is the mark of many changes that have occurred in our family and in our extended family.



When I texted my brother-in-law, Justin (the one waiting for my sister Shauna and their newly adopted son to arrive home from Uganda) I asked him to pray for Charlie because he was going to need surgery on his hand.












He texted back this verse:


John 15:2

English Standard Version (ESV)
Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes,that it may bear more fruit.

And he added:  Well, He didn't cut it off so he must be bearing fruit.

That has stuck with me for 3 years.  I think it was true in so many ways and now that I can look in hind sight of the last 3 years I can say we have been 


P.R.U.N.E.D. 

in many areas of our lives.

God has been kind and loving and done so many great things for our family during this time.

  We have felt His presence and guidance more than ever, but it has

 CHANGED

 us and 

CHANGED 

many things in our lives.

I know we are not even close to where we need to be, but I know that 3 years of dramatic pruning should bring about some "big 'ole fruit".  


I am praying for A CROP OF BIG WATERMELON size fruit for this family.

2 comments:

The McKinnon Crew said...

Love this, friend! I think this was also just about the time our lives starting veering toward each other...and if that hasn't been a blessing! We count your family among one of our greatest blessings...

marlece said...

Pruning He has done. It has hurt but along with that is growth and it has been beautiful. Love watching every step He takes with you. LOVE IT!