Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, November 30, 2012

On a Mission

I thought I would blog a bunch on this trip.
  I'm just at a loss for words most of the time that I'm here.
The people are beautiful, the needs are tremendous and we are praying for guidance and direction on what the Lord would have us to do.

I'm doing the Bible study "Experiencing God" (very very good by the way, if you want to do a Bible study that will change your life)....and it talks about recognizing where God is working and join Him rather than  trying to do anything on our own.
We are just going and doing what God lays on our hearts everyday and asking Him to show us what He is doing and how we can join in His work.

Yesterday was overwhelming, we spent the day at an orphanage that was just full of precious precious lives and I feel completely helpless and heartbroken.

Many people tell me that it would be too hard for them to come and see so much need, but I  have had to have my eyes opened for my heart to open.  It isn't pleasant to see hurting people and children without families, but as it is the reality of millions of children and I know that God does not want us to turn away because it's too hard to see.

I will try to post some pictures soon.  I can't post pictures of the orphanage we were at, as they don't allow pictures.  But I will tell you this.....EACH CHILD THAT WAS THERE IS GOD'S BEAUTIFUL WORK OF CREATION AND THEY ALL DESERVE THE LOVE OF A FOREVER FAMILY.  The mamas that work there are working very very hard and they are taking care of those children to the best of there ability but there is no substitute for a family.  Family is a basic human need like food and water.


John 15:5

English Standard Version (ESV)
I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh yes. So true! Families. Families. Families!

Farm School Marm said...

Thank you, Jenay. I SO appreciate you blogging about this.