Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Be Brave!

Judges 18:9-10

The Message (MSG)
 9-10 They said, "Let's go for it! Let's attack. We've seen the land and it is excellent. Are you going to just sit on your hands? Don't dawdle! Invade and conquer! When you get there, you'll find they're sitting ducks, totally unsuspecting. Wide open land—God is handing it over to you, everything you could ever ask for."



Not us...we are gonna hold hands and go attack!!!!

I love this picture for many reasons.
  I love the people that I am hand in hand with.
More than that, I love what this picture says. 

 It speaks bravery and joy. 

 I have had to take some brave steps in my life in the last couple of years and the Lord has always provided women to hold my hand and take the scary plunge with, and He always brings JOY with it.

  These women happen to be with me in my adoption journey, and I could not have done it without them. 



These girlfriends have been holding my hand since these kids were in kindergarten together. 

We have been through many years together holding hands through life and now we are taking another "brave" step together and sending our kids off to college.


I honestly don't know how I would do any of these "brave" steps if it wasn't God's absolute provision and grace and goodness of providing beautiful women to hold my hand through these times of needing to be "brave".

These brave ladies are my sisters and mother and they have held my hand in life and in every "brave" step since before I can remember.  

Thank you Lord  women that may not be brave; but together we can join hands with Your Strength and Love and be brave together.





4 comments:

The McKinnon Crew said...

so blessed to be on this journey with you, sister of my heart...sweet post.

Shauna said...

oh my goodness…. great post! thank God for sister warriors!

marlece said...

great post, it's an honor to hold hands with you thru the good, bad, and ugly (cry).Mostly my ugly cry cuz you go to your cave when you do the ugly.

Love holding your hand.

Lashae Bowen said...

Love love love every single one of those women. they are my aunties, grandma and second mommies...they have been holding your hand while setting a beautiful example for me! I love you all! :)