Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Montana

Matthew 11:28-29

English Standard Version (ESV)
28  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.




Maezie and I got to go to Montana and go spend some time with Lashae and Chaney and bring Lashae home for Kole's graduation.  We had many many blessings and fun at every stop along the way.  The drive was beautiful  and LONGGGGGG and actually quite fun.  Maezie was the MOST amazing traveler.


We got to go to see my grand baby perform on screen.  Lashae had an ulta-sound and baby was perfectly healthy and quite busy in there.



Kate was Maezie's baby sitter.  Maezie was not sure what to think of her at first, but quickly  became thrilled with her new friend.

I got to watch a Montana branding.  It was at the ranch that Chaney works at.   It was a beautiful day.


Here is the sweet little Bowen family.  These rock formations are right outside their  front door.  It was truly something to see.


This is my cousin's daughter, Brittany.  She lived with us for a time right after she graduated and I FELL IN LOVE with this girl.  Our families hung out together  A LOT when the kids were all young and we have many memories together.   Then my cousin and her family moved and we rarely get to see them now....so it was extra special for Lashae and I to get to be there for a very special day.  :)

This is Tiffani and Lashae...the pregos.  Tiffani was having a baby shower while we were there, so we got to join in on the celebration.

This is my cousin Debbie.  Love this girl.  We are going to be Grandma's together.  Yippee!

These are the Auntie's to be.  haha.

We call Maezie Aunt Moo.
Here's the girls!!!





The last night of our travels we got to stay with our really good friends in Cheney, Washington. 
 It was so comfy and restful.
  They have a beautiful home and treated us to some YUMMY food.  I got to go for a great run in the morning with Terri, my old running partner when we lived close to each other.  I have missed her and our runs and our talks very much.
  I have missed her sweet hubby too, so we got to visit and drink coffee and eat cookies, which was one of our favorite traditions when they lived right down the road from us.

This trip was very restful to me, I was disconnected from everything,  and I feel like I have my second wind.  

It sounds funny to think that 24 hrs of DRIVING in 4 days was restful, but it really was.  


Charsie kept the household going and she did a wonderful job!!!  I could NOT have left and relaxed the way I did if it wasn't for that girl.

BRING ON GRADUATION.  :)


6 comments:

Laurel said...

You are my kind of Road Tripper. :)

I have driven to N. Dakota and back in 4 days ... and enjoyed the drive.

Glad that Maezie is a good traveler ... and that you get some good Mama-time with Lashae.

It is really fun to have young ones that are aunts and uncles. My 10 year old LOVES being a new uncle. So cool that little Maezie gets to be an auntie.


:) :) :)

Shauna said...

Seeing Lashae looking more prego freaked me out [in a good way!]!! You're going to be a grandma!!! and so is Debbie!! Love all the pics!

Shauna said...

oh and the "Aunt Moo" cracked us all up!

Lashae Bowen said...

This was an unforgettable trip and a total gift from God. Loved every minute of it other then when I thought my bladder would explode....but even then I had an awesome time with the best mommy ever! :)

marlece said...

LoVE all the pictures!!! So exciting, wow, isn't it something? A grandma....wonder what baby will set in stone for the rest of the grand kids to call you? I will have to think of something good...hmmmmm! Can't wait to touch that belly!

Rachel said...

Lashae is looking good, and glad the ultrasound went well!

Yay for a road trip!!