Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chap-Stick and Room 333

A few weeks ago I was on the phone with one of my sisters and we were talking about some of the "God winks" that happen.
 These are just cool things God does that make you know He is looking after all the details, and He just sends little reminders that are sweet to your soul.

 She told me of a friend that has a way God likes to remind her that He is with her, and it's with the number 333.
  I thought this was cool, and a couple of times since then, I have noticed that particular number at random times, and just kinda smiled, thinking to myself, "Yep God is with me".

 One instance was when Charlie was in Texas he sent a text that really blessed my heart and it was sent at 3:33 pm.
(I hadn't even told him about the 333 thing).

It just put a smile on my face because I received a text from my man and a little reminder from God at the same time.

Yesterday morning as I was driving home from my run and prayer time with some of my girlfriends, I felt like the Lord was telling me that our friend, Willy, in the hospital needed chap-stick.

  This seemed somewhat reasonable to me because our friend is African American and I know that those beautiful big chocolate lips get extremely dry very easily and at this point he is unable to apply chap-stick.

 I did what I typically do when I hear from the Lord....I pass the assignment on to Charlie.

 I came running in the house with a tube of chap-stick  from my car and told him he needed to take Willy the chap-stick.
Charlie told me there was no way he could swing this today.
 I was disappointed and just set the chap-stick on the bathroom counter.

I got ready for the day and put that chap-stick in my pocket.  I didn't think much about it after that because I had a very busy day.
Wednesdays are kinda my craziest day of the week, so I just figured we would get that chap-stick to Willy sometime in the next few days.

 Later in the afternoon, me and Maezie were headed to Bend to go watch Kole and Charsie at a track meet.  The track meet just happen to be about 1 mile away from the hospital that our friend is in. As I was driving I called Charlie and tried to convince him to come to the track meet and stop by the hospital.  He was right in the middle of scrubbing concrete, so there was no way he could break away.

 I told him I probably wasn't going to go to the hospital without him, I had a hundred reasons why....

I had Maezie,
I haven't seen our friend in YEARS and years,
 I don't want it to be awkward,
I don't know what to say,
 on and on.
  Charlie said he REALLY thought I should go, and check in on him, and it would be fine.
  I pretty much had myself talked out of it with all my excuses when Charlie said, "I think you should go, and if you do, he's in room 333.

Well, OF COURSE HE'S IN ROOM 333!!!


I just had to giggle...o.k God o.k.!!!!!  So I put Maezie in a sling, made sure I had my chap-stick, and marched my fanny up to room 333...where God would be with me.  :)

We had the BEST visit.


 And Maezie, the one I thought would be a distraction, was a ray of sunshine.  She smiled so big and patted Willy on the arm and lit up the entire room with her bald head and gummy smile.

She was the best visitor in the world...she loved without reservation and thought Willy was her new best friend. 

I explained to Willy that we had adopted Esther and that she has the same beautiful skin he has, and I have learned that their beautiful skin needs constant moisturizing in this dry climate.
 He agreed and said that someone was going to bring him lotion.
I asked if he would like some chap-stick, because I just  happened to have some in my pocket and he said he would like that.
I applied it to his big handsome lips, and his lips were glowing  and smiling when Maezie and I left the room.

I can tell you I was the MOST blessed person in room 333 yesterday.

God is good...he provided everything we needed for a good visit yesterday and I know He was with us all.

Me and Maezie can't wait to go back!!!!


5 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh you know I am loving this ALLLLLLL the WAY!

I am sending this to my girlfriend, right now! It will bless her socks off!

marlece said...

yip, this is the coolest, I giggled when you told me and I'm giggling again. Our Lord does have such a sense of humor. LOVE IT!

We Are Family said...

Sigh*
God is so good!

drillerbob said...

All I can say is WOW! I had goosebumps reading this.

Farm School Marm said...

I love what you "typically do" when you hear from the Lord. Made me laugh!