Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blessed and Overwhelmed

Last week Maezie did the update so this week I will...so, this is how this mom is doing.

For me, the pendulum swings from one extreme to the other....I go from feeling OVERWHELMED WITH BLESSING to just PLAIN OVERWHELMED

I start in the morning...my favorite in the whole world with a cup of coffee, my Bible, and my sweet Maezie all piled around me for some time spent with the Lord - BLESSING

I then get to making lunches for 5 different people...4 kids that go to 3 different schools, and my man going to work - OVERWHELMED

I throw in a load of clothes - BLESSING (I'm weird about laundry)

I take first Charsie to catch her ride to her school - BLESSED...I've always loved taking my kids to school it gives me time to connect and pray for them.

I check computer - BLESSED (love reading how everyone else is doing...facebook, blogs, and such.)

I take Luke and Esther to school - BLESSED (they are both loving school this year.)

I go through the mail - OVERWHELMED

I bathe Meazie - BLESSED

I feed Maezie - BLESSED

I try to do some work in the office - OVERWHELMED

I feed Maezie - BLESSED

I feed Reece - BLESSED and sometimes OVERWHELMED (depending on his mood)

I talk on the phone - BLESSED and OVERWHELMED (depending on who it is and what is the subject matter)  Talking with friends and family - BLESSED....anything else - OVERWHELMED

Feed Maezie - BLESSED

I pick kids up from school - BLESSED

I take kids to sports - BLESSED and OVERWHELMED (if Maezie needs fed during this time)

I get dinner together - OVERWHELMED 

On Fridays we go to a football game - BLESSED and OVERWHELMED...Kol'es senior year and I am going to miss this kid like NOBODY"S business, we are having a blast watching him play this year.

Shower / bath time for all the kids - BLESSED (love clean good smelling kids)

Bed time - BLESSED BLESSED BLESSED all the chicks are in their nest accounted for and safe and healthy...except for Lashae and she is now in someone else's nest and I feel BLESSED that she has a good man and a nice and safe nest as well. :)

All in all I'm BLESSED and God is good all the time....I'm OVERWHELMED by some circumstances, but I'm reminded quickly just how BLESSED I am and that God is good all the time, and the OVERWHELMING stuff, is just no big deal and the blessings outweigh them by soooooo much!

Now, I've sat in front of this computer with mail and bills all around me...so feeling a bit OVERWHELMED and now I'm going to go hold Maezie and remember how BLESSED I am.

3 comments:

marlece said...

blessed by ALL that you are to all!

We Are Family said...

(((HUGS))

Laurel said...

Great post!

LOVE it!

You know .... I bet some of those kids could help make lunches. Just a thought, from a mama that understands "overwhelmed" yet "BLESSED".


:) :) :)