Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Loving Our Ugandan Neighbors As Ourselves



One of the things I think us Americans are super duper good at is loving ourselves.
 We like good food, nice clothes, great entertainment and self-care from head to toe.
We post about all these things; we are so “blessed” when we use them that we
 “share” with others.
 (at least of social media)
So when I think about the most important commandments according to Jesus, I think we could be really good at the second part if we "share" in real life as well as we "share" on social media.


Mark 12:29-31 New Living Translation (NLT)

29 Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. 30 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ 31 The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.” 

 Loving the Lord our God with everything in us….and the second is equally as important, but we must keep it in order. 
Loving God FIRST and then loving our neighbor as ourselves.

Out of the FIRST command will come the SECOND.
If we get the order wrong we just spin our wheels and it fizzles out and goes no-where.
If we keep the Greatest Command in order then it flows in a beautiful and natural way.

So how do we love our neighbors as ourselves…..

If I like something, I bet my neighbors would too.
I like clothes, and good food, and good books, and nice products for my skin and health.
I like shoes and I like purses.
I like Advil when I have a headache and I like cupcakes when I have an occasion to celebrate.
These are a few of our favorite things.
The theme of our donation boxes this GO around is to just love our neighbors as ourselves.
If we like it, so will our Ugandan neighbors.
We are taking things like bacon and jerky and candy and chocolate (for Patience) and clothes and vitamins and essential oils, sunglasses and allergy medicine.

So if there is something you enjoy to love yourself with, and want to love your Ugandan neighbors as yourself, you are welcome to send with us.
This was an extreme case!  God filled up 2 containers a few years ago.

God always fills our vessels boxes to overflowing.
I can’t wait to see what He sends us with to love our neighbors as ourselves.

No comments: