Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Car Incident = Total(ed) Gift Part 2 of 3

Monday July 8, came like Mondays do.  I was supposed to leave for Texas on this particular Monday.  I just couldn't get it together....too many loose ends...too many emotions, too much to do....too much anxiety....too much of too much.

Charlie was my hero as usual, from 3 states away.  He did all the leg work, made all the phone calls, filed all the reports, did all the paperwork regarding the Debbie incident.  As everyone knows, when there is an incident there is a bunch to do.  My prayer was that God would make this smooth and I wouldn't be bogged down with paperwork and phone calls.  God absolutely 100% answered that prayer, unfortunately for Charlie he must have not prayed that (kinda kidding, kinda not) because he spent the day on Monday dealing with the details of the incident.

I had tried on several occasions to back out of our Texas plan.  It all sounded good when the plans were made, but over time I began to get anxious about driving that far, about the cost of the trip, and you name it I worried about it.  Every time I took a step backward (mostly in my mind and heart) God would gently and lovingly remind me of some truth that pushed me back into GO to Texas mode. 

I flipped and flopped all day Monday until I was talking to a friend on the phone and we just walked thru what I was feeling and why, and it became as clear as day that I needed to get over myself and my fear and my hesitation, and GO to Texas as planned, and I needed an attitude adjustment to boot!

I AGAIN, repented of my complaining, and got motivated to GO!!  I got so excited and motivated I went to get my toenails and eyebrows done.  I mean, a change of heart usually means some sort of action, and what better activity to show a change of attitude than a cleaned-up face and toenails painted pretty.

As I was getting shiny and ready to have an early B-day dinner for Charsie (mostly so I could hold my namesake before I left on my road trip) Charlie was chipping away at the broken car situation. 

I ended up having a great day, ending in a birthday party, SedonaLee snuggles, and a walk and prayer time with a friend.  God, not only changed my attitude but gave me gift after gift to get me ready and excited to GO!!

The day ended with picking up a BEAUTIFUL BRAND NEW 2019 Tahoe rental car, paid for by the insurance and arranged by Charlie for me to drive while all the details of the Debbie incident were being assessed and arranged. 


So let me get this straight God....You are loaning me a brand new car to drive over 3000 miles to Texas and back for free????  Yep!!  He certainly did that. 

No comments: