Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

What's Next? Living Free!

Give us this day our daily bread.
  This is one of the things Jesus put in a prayer that was to teach us how to pray.

I have been thinking and praying a lot about what is next for us.
 This move has been a huge transition in every way. 
Charlie and I feel freed up and yet stuck in the thoughts of,
 “What now?”

 Charlie got a good contract to finish his Oregon building career.
 He is working as hard as a young man with the wisdom of an old man.
  He is getting paid for his back and brain on this one. 

I feel like God gave us our financial get out of jail debt free card and if I begin to think it was a one-shot deal that can make me worried and stingy.  I can start to think God is done with taking care of us and now he is sending us to figure life out on our own.
* This is not the character or my experience of my Father, it’s just what happens in my mind if I forget WHO my Father is.*
 God teaches us things to draw us closer to Him, into a deeper dependence, and to trust Him fully.
 He doesn’t teach us things so we can move out of the house and fend for ourselves.

God treats us as children that He loves and cares for.

I think of our children and how we give them what they need when they need it, and we aren't all mean and mad about it.
 And when they get old enough to send to the store with a list and some money, and if they come back with a bag of candy instead of the things on the list, I might not send them to the store again for a while, until they learn how to handle the list and the money responsibly.

God doesn’t shortchange us and tell us to figure it out ourselves and He also doesn’t approve when we come home with nothing but a bag full of junk that isn't even good for us.

Matthew 7:11-12 (ESV) 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

As I sit with the Lord and feel so thankful for His mighty provision and His faithful generosity; in the same sitting, I can hold my breath in anxiety about the future if I forget WHO I am sitting with.

We have done everything wrong according to American living and yet our God keeps showing up and providing generously as needed. 

The thing that is often taught and preached about is how to be good stewards.  I believe in good stewardship, it is Biblical.  What if we have stewardship backward, kinda like Kingdom living is upside down.
The KING came down as a servant to serve and save.
  What if stewardship means giving more, not saving more, using what is given now, not storing for later.

What if we remembered WHO we are stewards for and WHOSE resources we are stewarding.
 What if we really believed that every last bit of everything we have been given is for His Kingdom, not ours?

I’ve never read anywhere in God’s Word that He could only use people that were rich enough, or smart enough, or creative enough to do what He has told us to do in His Word.
 How have we put a price tag or limitations on what God puts on our hearts?

My mind wants to store up what He has given us, and be smarter this time, and my heart wants to 
GO and GIVE
 like a wild child that is free and forgiven and lavished on with grace and love, and everything I could ever need physically and spiritually are provided for by my Heavenly Father forever!

Psalm 34:8-9 English Standard Version (ESV)

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!

    Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!

Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints,
    for those who fear him have no lack!


No comments: