Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

God Is In The Details

It's the details that make me know Jesus loves me and knows me, and cares for me.  The big stuff, the big picture is not hard for me to know there is a big awesome God.  He is so big and so amazing that my mind can't grasp how He created all the earth and keeps it spinning and makes the sun rise and set every single day, it is easy to believe that the God of the world has been here since the beginning of time has done all this, but it's the details, it's the intimate knowledge and personal gifts that make me feel so loved and cared for personally by my Lord and Savior. 


For some crazy reason, when we moved here I felt like I should homeschool Maezie this year....the one concern I had was being new to Montana she wouldn't meet any friends.  I went for my first Montana hair appointment this summer, which was a stretch for me because I have always had people that were close to me do my hair...good friends and my sister are the only ones that have done my hair for the last 25 years.   I went to my first Montana hair appointment and became instant friends with Brooke, and instantly knew she loved Jesus.  It came out in the first 5 minutes of that appointment that she is homeschooling her 1st-grade daughter also.  I can't tell you how many prayers were answered in one simple hair appointment.  This is the friend that gets me out of my house on days I would rather just not leave the house.  This is the friend that talks about Jesus with me and tells me what He is doing in her life.  This is the friend that makes my hair look like I'm not going thru a total life crisis.  This is the friend that doesn't think I'm a total nut case and doesn't judge me that Cellie takes her pants off every single time we meet at the park.  She gets me, and she gets my kids, bigs and littles.  I couldn't have found a better match on friend.com if there is such a thing.  

I could go thru the list of kids and how God has done something so special and personal for each and every kid along the way in the last few months.  It's not that it's all perfect, but when I know a perfect and loving God is looking out for our family, it makes my worry seem ridiculous.



Another biggy for me was that when we left Powell Butte, I was so sad about leaving Charlie in that big empty house alone to see it all thru to the end of the deal.  I knew it would be a shock to his system and lonely at times, especially at first.  Of course, God was thinking ahead and moved in the best neighbors we could ever ask for back in February before we knew any of this Montana move was going to happen.  Our good friends that love Jesus and know how to love their neighbor as themselves live about 3 feet outside of Charlie's door.  The transition from a big full house to one man baching it has been a very smooth transition due to good neighbors that feed Charlie often and feed the animals when Charlie is up here seeing us. 
I have no idea what the next step looks like for us, and there are days it overwhelms me to think of it all.
  We have spent close to 30 years building a business with the motto,
"Where details matter most."
We are in a spot that we can't see the big picture clearly let alone the details.

 God is so good and He is into the big picture and the details of our lives, and He has reminded me again and again from providing a friend for a 1st grader to forgiving the sins of the world, and everything in between. 
He will lead us and guide us into every single step we take.
May we praise Him with every move we make!

Romans 8:28-29 New Living Translation (NLT)

28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. 29 For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

No comments: