Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

My Man Of Valor

This poster has made me giggle all week long, but today it made me cry.

I just couldn't get over the faithfulness of God!
That's my man of valor right there in the upper left hand corner.  
He has been my man for almost 28 years and he has been my African man since 2010, when he visited Uganda for the first time and realized he was an African man in white skins.


Charlie is coming out of the most challenging season (that has lasted a couple of years) of his life in Christ.
Charlie remained faithful to get his sword out and dig into God's Word,
every.single.day
and send out a verse to many people daily, 
but it was mostly out of pure habit.
*if you need a habit, and most of us do have them...this is the kind to have*
He was pretty somber and reserved during this season, and yet,
God has remained incredibly faithful, and near, but has also allowed Charlie to go thru some pretty tough stuff
that made him be still and very quiet.


When my man came home from Uganda the first time in 2010,  and he was fired up in a way I have never seen him.  He began to pray like I had never heard and hold prayer meetings at church and be bold in his faith.

Then he went thru a time when everything I saw fired up in him was challenged and took some hard hits, he kept his shield of faith in place, but it took some arrows that caused some dents, and eventually strengthened him, but left a mark for sure.

 His leadership, his family, and his relationships were all under attack at once;
 he never lost faith in the Lord, but he lost his fire. 

The last few months I have watched my man get all firey again.   He has been going to prayer meetings, he has preached a few times,  and he has cinched up his belt of truth,
 (literally cinched his belt, as he has lost some weight, and is back to fighting shape,) 
and now he is getting ready to preach and teach at the 
Men Of Valor Conference
 in Uganda, Africa.


Charlie has often said about himself, more times than I can count...
something about his strong back and weak mind...
Well, God has given Charlie a strong back and he can carry quite a load, but his mind is also strong, and his heart is the the size of 
Africa!
I think God is showing Charlie that he has way more to offer than just a strong back, and God can use every part of him.

Charlie has a couple boys in Uganda that have never known a father in their life until they met Charlie 7 1/2 years ago,  and when he met them they were quite young and he has shown them the love and the support of a father, and now they are young men, and this time he will get the honor of teaching them what it is to be a 
Man of Valor.


The giggle I got out of the above poster, happens to be because it's just so funny and fitting to see my man on a poster with his
 African brothers;
and the cry came because it reminded me of God's faithfulness to His children and how much He loves us, and how much potential He sees in each one of us, even when we can't see it in ourselves.

He made my man a leader, and a mighty man of God, a
MAN OF VALOR.

God is the one who tells us who we are because when we are His, He has all the say, and He has the last word.

I have seen my man in the battle of life and he might get quiet in times of flying arrows,
but he always battles with honor and with courage and strength.
I see him as he stands strong and he may not move for a long time, but he is steady and patient and when he moves, it's forward.

Ephesians 6:10-20

The Whole Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

 I can't wait to see all that God has for him and I on this trip.
We will celebrate 28 years of marriage while we are there, and we get to attend a wedding on our anniversary!
God has good good plans for us.


No comments: