Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, August 7, 2017

Happy Birhday To My Man.

 Happy birthday to my wild man!!!
Charlie's life has been a wild ride for 54 years.
This man of mine is wild.  He is willing to do what it takes to get the job done, even if the job is to have fun, he will go to the absolute fun-limit.  


My man will put the fear in his kids.  He doesn't mind taking authority and raising his hand, and he doesn't mind lending that same  hand to lead and carry and hold.



 This man is generous with his love and time and resources.
 He may not be the first to jump up, but when he jumps, he will be all in. 
Charlie has a lot of marks on his body, he has lived a lot of life in 54 years, and he leaves his mark on the lives he touches.

Everything he does, he does with all his heart, and his heart is big.

His answer is usually
 NO 
to begin with (maybe because he knows when he says yes, it's all or nothing)....and then it's 
YES, and LET ME LEAD THE WAY.

 Charlie has taken some risks in life, he doesn't live cautiously, he lives with intensity, he lives with purpose.  

The first thing Charlie does every single day; he get's into the Word  of God and he shares it.  He sends out a text to many people of the Scripture he is reading.    

Charlie's verse that he puts on everything he builds is:

Hebrews 3:4 (ESV)

(For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.)
I pray this year is a year of more wild love and risk taking and hand raising and intensity and purpose  wrapped up in a full - on blow out for
 Jesus.

  I pray this is a year we will never forget, and it makes a mark on our hearts like never before. 
 I pray this man lives hard, dreams big and builds like crazy. 
 I pray his hard living is living for Jesus, I pray he is a Kingdom builder.
  I pray he experiences more love and joy and peace and grace than all his 54 years combined.


See this line-up???
  I can't imagine anyone that could handle this crazy wild bunch like my wild man.
I pray this line grows in love,  in grace, in wisdom, and in number.  I pray this line-up spreads out all over and never loses touch with our Lord Jesus Christ, and never loses touch with each other.
 I pray my wild man leads this line-up in 
FOLLOWING JESUS
 wherever He leads us.
I pray this is a year that starts with 
YES
and builds from there.





Psalm 127 (NLT)

Psalm 127

Unless the Lord builds a house,
    the work of the builders is wasted.
Unless the Lord protects a city,
    guarding it with sentries will do no good.
It is useless for you to work so hard
    from early morning until late at night,
anxiously working for food to eat;
    for God gives rest to his loved ones.
Children are a gift from the Lord;
    they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man
    are like arrows in a warrior’s hands.
How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!
    He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates.

No comments: