Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Bossing Jesus. *Praying Like a Mother*

I was feeling especially burdened for my kids yesterday.  I had an opportunity (bliss) to drive to town with no kids in the car, so I just started to pray for them.

  I thought it would ease the burden I was feeling in my heart, but it did the opposite.  I felt discouraged, like every kid that came to mind was battling something hard. From the grown kids to the grands.





  It felt like too much, not too much for God, but too much for me.  I was like, why do I even have to know some of this stuff?  Why can't I just say a little prayer asking God to watch them and care for them and move on to thinking about what I should make for dinner.

I told the Lord, it's too much.  You know what they need, why not just leave me out of it?  What came to my mind startled me.  I instantly thought of Jesus first miracle.  And the part that came to mind was that Jesus had no intention of bothering with the wine supply at the party, it wasn't really a life and death situation by all means.  But, HIS MOTHER, was concerned.  She was a mother and that's what we do.  So she asked Him to fix it.  She went to Jesus, because even though He was her son, she knew He had what it took to fix this little party problem.  Jesus, was maybe a tiny bit annoyed...like, he thought it was just not His issue to solve. 
 Mary was kindof bossing Jesus around, along with his friends.
  But,  He did it, He stepped in and fixed it.  He made wine and He made it the best wine.  He solved a party problem at a mother's request.

Here's what I get out of this, Jesus hears our requests, he even cares about a party problem.  But, He has a special ear for mothers.  God has equipped us moms with a special gift to see something in our kids, that maybe nobody else knows or sees.  We have a unique way of seeing into their little hearts, maybe because their hearts were put together in a mother's body.  I think we can go boldly before Jesus and ask for things nobody else knows they need.  We can also encourage our kids in a way that nobody else can, because we see something others don't. We can call out their gifts like nobody else. 
Dads have their special role, but I know in my house, it revolves around leading and providing and discipline. 

 Those things are needed first and foremost, but as a mom I have the ability to see deeper.  It's not always a blessing, it feels heavy and dark many times, but I know who to go to to "lighten" the load.  The things that I have prayed for on behalf of my kid, God hears and He steps in.  I have prayed for everything from acne to salvation.  There is nothing too big or too small, and God could totally do it all without me even whispering one prayer, but I would miss seeing and knowing that He hears me, and I get to be part of what He is doing in these situations with each of them.  


Praying is hard work people.  Jesus prayed until He sweated blood. There is so much work to be done, especially for our kid,s and I think  praying for them, is the most important and most effective WORK we will ever do for them.  


John 2English Standard Version (ESV)

On the third day there was a wedding at Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus also was invited to the wedding with his disciples. When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to him, “They have no wine.” And Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does this have to do with me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
Now there were six stone water jars there for the Jewish rites of purification, each holding twenty or thirty gallons. Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water.” And they filled them up to the brim.And he said to them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the feast.” So they took it. When the master of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom 10 and said to him, “Everyone serves the good wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then the poor wine. But you have kept the good wine until now.” 11 This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory. And his disciples believed in him.


No comments: