Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Sweet 16 Esther!



 Happy Sweet 16
 Mirembe Esther Brewer.


Esther is one of the strongest people I know.  She is strong in body, mind, and spirit.  It is her strength that has made her a survivor and a conqueror.  She has endured many hardships and crazy blessings in her short 16 years.  Esther's life and experiences can explain how she can feel so low and then so high in a short time frame.  She has experienced some desperate lows and some elating highs in her short life.  


 Esther, in the Bible was a strong orphan girl, that against all odds became a queen and ended up saving her people by standing for what was true.  She rose to the challenge and did the hard thing in spite of the fear and risk when she was faced with adversity. 
 I believe Esther was named providentially, she is a princess for sure and she is strong and can do hard things and come out on top.  She has a way with people, that draws them in,  and as she grows and matures she will be used by God in more beautiful and powerful ways.

This daughter of mine has challenged me in many ways, I have learned things about myself through my relationship with Esther, in my faith and in my parenting, and I am so grateful to God for giving me Esther as a daughter and a gift to all our lives.
  We do the hard work together to learn and grow and bond, and we both have learned to love so much better. 
 Esther's life has  taught me so much about my adoption in Jesus. 


 Esther is a daughter and a sister and an auntie and a friend. 
 Esther is funny and playful.

 

Esther is also deep in her thoughts and in her heart.  She can be hard to break through the surface, but man, when you dig deep with her and hang in there with her, there is a treasure so beautiful that it's worth every single bit of the digging.



Charlie and Esther have a very special bond.  He and her connected before I knew anything about her, and he went back to Uganda and brought her home when it was time. 
She is the kid that Charlie was in charge of the "delivery" and he did an amazing job, it was a true labor of love.
 
Esther is Cellie's absolute favorite person in the whole world. 
 You can't fool Cellie, she knows true love and Esther is all
 "her's".

No comments: