Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Summer Update

I wrote this post: Best Summer Plans before Summer even started. 
 I had a bit of anxiety coming into Summer as I could see how many people I have, and how many different activities that represents and how many hours of being 'on' and how many or few hours of 'down time' that would all add up to.


But God!!!  He is faithful and merciful. 

He did not lighten my load, but He gave me the grace and the energy and the JOY to do it all.  I have had one of the busiest summers and one of the best summers. 
 I had prayed for 'happy chaos' and 'wild peace' and I can say with complete confidence and  gratitude, that has been exactly what we have had. 
 We didn't do anything huge, but we did a huge amount, and I was somewhat sane for most of it.  haha

The events of celebration and activity ranged from,

 engaged to be married 






to learning to roll over and giggling,

Psalm 126:2(ESV)

Then our mouth was filled with laughter,

    and our tongue with shouts of joy;
then they said among the nations,
    “The Lord has done great things for them.”

to pig farmin'



 and every sport and birthday in between.  







Along with all the hustle and bustle of runnin' kids here and there,

I had the opportunity to lead a Bible study at our church and also do a Bible study at home with Charsie this summer. 
Time in the Word and prayer with ladies that I love; it doesn't get any better than that.

For me, this was the biggest gift of the summer. 
 It kept me grounded in the Word and moving forward in a positive Way, while living on the fly.

God knows I need my mind on Him at every spare moment or I get sidetracked. 
 So, as I logged a lot of miles on the car and the stroller, there is potential for some stray thoughts....I had to take those moments and focus and pray and prepare for Bible study.
He knows how to keep me on His track!  I praise HIM for this.



John 14:6 (ESV)

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


 




No comments: