Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Moving On

I couldn't be prouder of my parents.  They have sold all they have and are on the road.
  It was hard to see them leave. I have lived with them or within 5 miles of them my whole entire life.  It is bitter sweet as it will be very strange to not have them within reach, but I'm mostly happy for them as they get to be free of the burden of stuff and be open and available for a new journey.




 They have decided to not hang onto the treasures of this world that rust and mold and be free of stuff and mobile to GO wherever the Lord leads them.

Treasures in Heaven ] “Do not store up for 
yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.






  They have everything they own in a little trailer and they are moving on. 
 They have kids and grandkids living all over the place and they have decided to just move about and figure it out as they go. 
 They get to make a sweep across the U.S.A. and pick up their new house on wheels and visit with family that they have missed so much.



We sent them off with a prayer of blessing and protection.  
We asked the Lord to lead them and keep them safe and guide them as they GO forward each and everyday.

Exodus 23:20 (NIV)

God’s Angel to Prepare the Way

20 “See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.

They are leaving the home and community that they have lived in and loved so much, but it has become so clear to them as they have sought the Lord's direction that this is
" NOT OUR HOME."
 They have been blessed and thankful to live where they have for so long, but they are ready to move on.

2 Corinthians 5:1 (ESV)

Our Heavenly Dwelling

For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.





Just this week, a book was released about some of the history and experiences in their lives.
I am proud of my mom and  dad being vulnerable enough to allow their story to be written. 
 It has been humbling to have their lives, including weaknesses and failures published for all to read.
The Lord can use us best when we are willing to be vulnerable and expose our weaknesses and let His strength, healing and forgiveness shine through and take over.

 I have never ever seen my parents with so much peace and joy and calmness in their lives, as I watch the grace that is promised move them.

2 Corinthians 12:9New International Version (NIV)

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.



Happy Father's Day to my dad!
He is "A Better Man".






No comments: