Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

When I had Cellie, I was given a fresh reminder of how much God loves me and what it means to be a child of God.

It hit me as I had just delivered Cellie, and
 I loved her fiercely,
  I would have jumped in front of a train for her, from that first moment.

 I knew without a doubt that I would do anything for her and she was mine forever.
  I would do the very best I could to love her well and take care of her every need.

This is how God feels about His children, but
INFINITELY more,
 an ETERNITY longer,
 and PERFECTLY accomplished.

It blows my mind

Cellie did nothing to earn my love. She was simply "born". 
 Actually, what she "earned" was a big fat spanking.  She caused sickness and heartburn and "discomfort" for 9 solid months and THEN she topped it off with the grand finale of birth.




But all I could feel was an overwhelming sense of 
LOVE and JOY!!!



I realized again how I did nothing nothing nothing to deserve or earn the love of God and YET....he LOVES me and calls me His child and He died on a cross for me, so I can be with Him for ETERNITY!  








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of God's love. We are in the midst of hard stuff with our adopted child, and this is just what I needed to hear! I need to continue to show her my love will not change, in spite of all she does to try to push me away!
Blessings to you and your family!

Amy

PS. Any advice on parenting thru adoption would be greatly appreciated :-)