Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Livin' on LOVE!

25 years ago today, on Valentines, I said "yes" to love.  





It was a very worldly love, but it was
 yes 
and it was
 love,
with a whole bunch of lust in there.

My man asked me to marry him on our first Valentines together.

  My kids laugh at us all the time, because our story is not romantic and it is not recommended!
It is by the GRACE of God and HIS relentless LOVE that we have continued in LOVE.

 We were destined to fail...we pretty much did everything wrong. 
 On Valentine's Day 25 years ago, I thought  we were breaking up, and my wild man ended up asking me to marry him, and I said,
 "YES"! 
We kept it quiet because I had to finish high school first.  ha!



I fell in love with Charlie when I was barely 17 years old.
  He was a wild man. 
 He rode bulls and drove a "predator van" ( that's what we call it now). 
 It was a beautiful van with a bed and a tv in the the back.
 *kids - do not try this at home*. 

Our relationship has gone like this: 
 No plan, just wing it, and live on LOVE.

And thanks be to God...the maker and author of LOVE...He has guided us and LOVED us and taught us 
WHO LOVE
really is.


 We have just continued to say "yes" to LOVE, and 
LOVE has GROWN!



Over the years....the Lord has developed in us TRUE love. 
 As we have learned to love God and say "yes" to the source of LOVE we have learned to love each other better.  

God has been so gracious and patient with us to teach us to love and protect us as we have learned and grown.  

He has taught us to LOVE, by LOVING us perfectly.



My man is still wild, and I'm more in LOVE with him than ever before.
I pray we continue to say
 YES to LOVE
 and GROW MORE IN LOVE.

2 comments:

Meme said...

We love it that you have so much loyalty & love in your heart for your husband! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to a couple whose love for each other has grown for 25 years!

marlece said...

Whewwww Momma, she is HOT for her man, it is an example to us all! Happy Valentine's day and I am happy you married him too (smile)