Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Planting-Watering-Growing

1 Corinthians 3:6-10

English Standard Version (ESV)
I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. For we areGod's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building.
10 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid afoundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it.

Here's a little story of that scripture realized for me:

When I went to Uganda last year I met a beautiful lady when we were doing an outreach ministry in a local slum.  I was attracted to her because she had the most beautiful baby that looked to be the same age as my Grand daughter whom I was missing very much.

One thing led to another and we invited this young lady to church with us.

She showed up.

We went to church and I got to hold her precious baby.

On the way home from church Kathy shared the gospel with  this young lady.  That was the 3rd time she heard it in just a few days...in the slum...in church....and while walking home from church.

It took hold. 
 She asked Jesus to be the Lord of her life that day.  She became a christian that very day.  She had started her day as a muslim and Jesus changed all that as she understood what He did for her and she wanted it.

We came home.

Kathy continued to disciple this young lady, and then Mollee, who is the missionary at Redeemer House picked up from there and began to disciple her and teach her God's Word.

Her husband remained a muslim and would beat her for her new faith in Jesus.   I got an e-mail asking me to pray for my friend. 
 I was heart broken for her.

But God!!!!! 
 He saw fit to bring more of the body into action and my sis and her hubby went to Uganda.
  As they were there they shared the gospel with my friend's hubby..because he was willing to listen to a man, although he would not sit on the furniture because of his muslim faith...he did not want to be "unclean". 

Justin kept speaking truth and my friend kept sharing her testimony, and after a few meetings, Jesus saved this man. 
 He became Christian!!!  

Justin got to baptize my friend and I got to pick her new name...as her old name was a muslim name... and then just a few weeks later Josh, another part of this body, baptized her hubby.

In 6 days, I get to go and see my friend and love on her a bit and encourage her and be encouraged by all that has taken place in a year's time.  


It has been quite a year for both of us. 

God is GOOD!!!  


No comments: