Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Anniversary Charlie



Happy Anniversary to my man!!!  22 years!!!!  

Genesis 9:7

New International Version (NIV)

 7 As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it.”


We have done things as the Bible says to some degree....we have multiplied...I'm not sure how fruitful we are at times....but we have multiplied.  We have multiplied in numbers, in every area we started out with, there are many MORE of us, we have MORE horses, we have MORE debt, we have MORE dogs, MORE cars.

We have also multiplied in other areas.  We have more love, more happiness, more stress, we are more tired, we are more involved, we have more fun.

We do things bigger.  We love bigger, we drive bigger cars, we have a bigger house, we have a bigger family, we have a bigger circle of friends.

We have definitely multiplied.  :)

When we got married Charlie sold his cows so he could marry me...seriously this was the ultimate sacrifice, if you know a man that loves cows, and is willing to sell them to marry you, he LOVES YOU A BUNCH!!!  When we got married, this is what we had.......
a horse we couldn't afford
                                 a dog we couldn't keep
                              bills we couldn't pay
                                 a goat we couldn't stand
                                         
The horse was in need of expensive food, so it stayed with my folks, the dog was Charlie's and tried to attack me every chance he got, so he stayed with Charlie's folks, the bills were from college, so they stayed with us, and  the goat was my dowry, so it stayed with us until Charlie sent me to the sale with it.

I love my man more everyday, we have been through some stuff, but we have had 22 very blessed years, and I wouldn't change a thing.  We have probably done everything wrong, but we have done it together, and we are committed and I can say I love him a thousand times more today than I did 22 years ago and I loved him a whole bunch.

The best advice from a little old lady at the church we were attending when we got married, was, " The couple that prays together, stays together," we have lived by this and done it consistently for 22 years and so far so good!

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Made me laugh - lots! hehe I am sure am glad for all! Thankful for your marriage. Happy Anniversary!

Lashae Bowen said...

yay! Happy Anniversary to the best parents ever. You two have set such a beautiful example of what it means to love one another as you love yourself. So proud to call you my parents! you two are awesome! Love your #1 :)

Aunty Dolly said...

Jenay, I love reading your blogs! Humor is the very best way to approach situations, and obviously you have that - but, it's hard to pull that humor out for every situation! Believe me - I know!!!
You really made me laugh - and sure glad you got rid of 'that goat'!!! Love you and your family!!!

Laurel said...

L.O.L.

Great post!

We've been married 29 years, and I could say, "Ditto" to most everything you shared ... except that my husband didn't sell his cows, because he's never owned any.

We married at 20 and 22 ... and we were DIRT poor, but in LOVE. Our first Christmas, we couldn't even afford a $10 Christmas tree. But, some friends of ours went to Hawaii for Christmas so we borrowed their tree when they left (and all their decorations).

Meme said...

Happy Anniversary Charlie & Jenay! You were our first daughter to "give away" and God blessed us with a great son in law that paved the way and help make it easier to give the next daughter away to Charlie's best friend...isn't God good!!! Dad & I were just reflecting about where we were & what was happening at this time of day 22 years ago...I can hear Jimi singing "Forever & Ever..Amen...

marlece said...

I love the goat and then the dog....cracks me up....yip, you guys do good together... love it!

The McKinnon Crew said...

I missed this post earlier... but Happy Anniversary to one of our favorite couples...we just love you guys!