Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Going!!! With JOY!!!

My Uncle Dan's and Auntie Diana's 50th wedding anniversary celebrations was a few months ago.  When my uncle, who has been a pastor and missionary his whole life got up to speak, he recounted the the day the Lord called him to go to Uganda on a mission trip.  It was years ago, before I even knew what Uganda was.
  I was struck and encouraged by his testimony. 



 He is quite crippled now, and as he was giving his testimony about his life and his walk with Jesus, he said many things, but the thing that stuck in my heart was he said that if he was called to Uganda today 
(then he paused, not hesitated, just a reverent pause) 
he said, 
HE WOULD GO, IN A WHEELCHAIR!!
 This has stuck with me from the moment he said it. Because I felt a prick in my own heart of, WOULD I?  

I mean yes, I will go when I have all the proper attire and preparations, but would I go without all the conditions I (try to)  put on God when he calls. 
 I feel a little closer to saying I would.
  Because even in my current "condition" and I am still going.  haha. 

**I can at least say I am going with 
JOY
 in me!**

 I still have a ways to go, before every move I make in obedience is not a complete struggle for me, but I'm glad the Lord is patient and will continue to work in me.

I was thinking of all that we are preparing to do and how crazy it must seem, because it seems a bit crazy to me honestly. 
 And I was again checking in with the Lord, asking Him for confirmation to know that this is Him and not me working this all out.


  He brought to my mind the shepherds in the Christmas story. 
 They were just out in the field minding their own business working away when Jesus was born.  God sent angels to them, the lowly SHEPHERDS to announce to them, of all people, the birth of His Son.   They were the poor and the smelly of society because they were always out in the field with the sheep.  They dropped everything and went immediately to go and see the baby Jesus.  To think a bunch of poor smelly shepherds walking in to see a precious newborn, the SON OF GOD.
 Why wouldn't God just announce to the people that were staying in the Inn right across the street and have them get out of their comfy beds and  come and see His Son? 
 I don't know!!!  But, that is how He did it. 
 Those people in the Inn probably slept through the entire event while the shepherds got the announcement and came. 

Luke 2:8-20English Standard Version (ESV)

The Shepherds and the Angels

And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear.10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
14 
“Glory to God in the highest,

    and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”[a]
15 When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.” 16 And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger. 17 And when they saw it, they made known the saying that had been told them concerning this child. 18 And all who heard it wondered at what the shepherds told them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart. 20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them.

So, I don't know why God has allowed us to go and do what we are doing, but I'm done (for the moment) asking Him, and I'm just going to go and see and serve and learn and then we are going to return and glorify and praise God for all we have heard and seen.

Isaiah 41:9-10English Standard Version (ESV)

you whom I took from the ends of the earth,

    and called from its farthest corners,
saying to you, “You are my servant,
    I have chosen you and not cast you off”;
10 
fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


No comments: